MAPCO is dedicated to not only providing the best parking in town, but also in assisting the world effort to “go green.” MAPCO is committed to working hard to ensure a better future for our communities and the world in which we live by reducing our impact on the Planet’s climate and the carbon footprint we leave behind. To build a sustainable future, we take pride in building sustainable parking operations, participating in a wide variety of eco-friendly, green activities and ensuring our processes and the products we order and utilize throughout our facilities sufficiently address current environmental concerns, while maintaining a profit for our clients. Sustainability concerns are an important part of our planning, development, and decision-making processes, and MAPCO is committed to making the most of responsible environmental practices.
As part of ensuring a sustainable future for our business, employees, clients, and the Planet, MAPCO is committed to “Driving Our Future” by adhering to the following Green practices;
- Incorporation of sustainability into each business decision;
- Environmentally friendly products and services used throughout operations which replace non-green products/services;
- Remaining greener than our competitors;
- Continuing our commitment to further develop our company’s Eco-friendly practices.
As we further our sustainability efforts, we continue to develop green initiatives which minimize our carbon footprint. Some of our initiatives include:
- Use of LED and other energy-efficient lighting.
- Conversion of shuttle bus fleet to use compressed natural gas (CNG).
- Use of biodiesel fuels.
- Double-sided printing of documents whenever possible.
- Electronic: forwarding of all faxes, purchasing software, and client daily and monthly revenue reporting.
- Online payment process for monthly customers.
- Zoom Lane online account management and billing.
- Use of Eco-friendly janitorial supplies.
- Purchase of ENERGY STAR products for use throughout operations.
- Bicycle Parking at Greater Rochester International Airport.